Friday, April 21, 2006

Still Here





Yes, I am still here, and I apologize for not posting in a while. I guess I didn't want you to take me for granted! Last weekend Mark and I went to Sedona, AZ for a long weekend. It was so quiet, dark, and clean. The air didn't leave an oily residue like in Burbank. There were so many things that I was able to experience that I can't here in LA. We left Burbank at 5:45am Friday. Yes, 5:45. Sedona was so windy that we couldn't paint, so we took a nap and went out to eat. Mexican, of course! Then on the drive back to the hotel, there was a thunderstorm with HAIL!! Oh, wow! It never storms here in LA, so it was so cool! The next day, we painted and then hiked with our friends, Marc and Marianna, who drove up from Phoenix. We also spent a fun-filled Sunday and Monday in Phoenix at their house.
This is the first of many more posts about the trip!

2 comments:

saffry said...

Yay, you're back. I was going to e-mail tonight if there wasn't a new post.

Is Sedona as pretty as I think it is? Back when I thought Dan and I were rich, I was thinking of going there for vacation. See the red rocks, go to a spa, take Nathan on the Verde Canyon train. I've got a whole favorites folder devoted to it. Maybe next year, and now I'll know who to ask about the best places for dinner.

AllBeehive said...

We were thinking about having a conference there this year. My pick was Santa Fe though. I love Santa Fe.