Saturday, December 09, 2006

Flu


Last Friday I started feeling a little dryness in the back of my throat. Little did I know that it was the first sign of the horrifying battle to be unleashed on my immune system. The same immune system that I once thought to be super-human and worthy of scientific study. The same one that kept me from contracting every childhood disease and sickness, even when my sister had it and we slept in the same bunk as children.

Don't get me wrong, every 2 years or so, I have had colds that usually last a few days. This is the first time since I was 10 that I have had the FLU. I have had a week to ponder the diabolical nature of the virus. They are fascinating and from the devil, I am sure of it.

So I apologize for not posting this past week. I was horizontal for most of it. I watched the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, plus all bonus material, A Room With A View, and Return of the Jedi. I took about 90 pictures of the cats, and drank many kegs of tea.

Now poor Mark has it. We share everything.

3 comments:

saffry said...

Oh dear, I hope Mark's feeling better. And all the bonus material, yikes! You must have been laid up.

Dan and I both got the stomach flu two years ago, and it was the most vile, evil, noxious disease I've ever had. But at least that passed in about two days. And somehow it skipped Nathan, thank god.

painterjoy said...

Eek, so sorry. Yeah the stomach variety is evil.

Thank you for leaving comments on my blog. It makes my days!

ks1k said...

I remember when you were very young that you were never sick. The immune system that all of us wish we had.

You probably do not remember, but the first time you were sick to your stomach and threw up, it scared you because you had never, never vomited before. Amazing.

Yes, when your sister had every sickness and disease know to man you never once slowed down.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and nursing Mark back to health.

OLD DAD