Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Back In LA






Well, I am back from my trip to sticky, hot, beautiful Gulf Coast Florida. To recap, I was invited there by Richard Carrell, whom I met on Monhegan last summer. I was painting, sitting on the dirt road, a picture of hollyhocks when he spotted me, liked my work, and thought I would be perfect for his idea of a Paint-Out in Florida. I accepted.
Before I went to Mexico Beach, I stayed a couple of days with my Father in Leesburg, which is so pretty. Here are pics of my time there. Notice the gator and the great blue heron. So cool! My Dad and his wife, Shirley, have wonderful neighbors, Gary and Shirlee, and they took us out on their boat through the canals. All I can say is WOW! Turns out that I love the landscape in Florida. I didn't get too many mosquito bites, and only saw one live palmetto bug. I did manage to get the World's Worst Sunburn, which I will discuss in another post. Sun poisoning is no fun!
I painted 24 paintings, and sold 9! After expenses and a 50% commission, I just about broke even!

3 comments:

AllBeehive said...

You're back! I've been thinking about you!!! I want to see all the paintings you did.

ks1k said...

Wow, sunburn, HUH?
Nice photo of you and OLD DAD
It was GREAT to see you again.

OLD DAD

saffry said...

Welcome back! Glad you got home before hurricane season started up again. Sorry the sun got you, better than a gator getting you though.