Friday, March 17, 2006

Will I look thinner if everyone else is a little bigger?



I told Christy I would give her this amazing recipe. It is so decadent! They are a deep rich, dense chocolate experience. So I had this thought... Maybe if I get everyone to eat these truffle cakes, I can look thinner by comparison. Just kidding! It's very difficult to eat more than one of these in one day anyway, so enjoy without hesitation. You only live once!
Make sure to wrap them in plastic and chill overnight, they become so gooey-yummy! By all means, eat them warm from the oven like I usually do! I got this recipe from Martha Stewart magazine!
Makes six little cakes, so I tripled the recipe. Had enough for a dinner party and leftovers for Mark and me to enjoy later!

5 T unsalted butter, plus more for tin
1 T all purpose flour
14 oz semisweet chocolate (please get the best you can find)
2 T sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 t salt
375 oven

1. Butter your muffin tin, and dust with flour, tapping out excess
2. Put chocolate, butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium-size heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; whisk occasionally til smooth. Remove from heat, and let stand until cool and thickened, 3-5 minutes.
Process eggs and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a processor until pale and doubleed in volume, (I used a hand mixer just fine) about 2-3 minutes.
Sift flour and salt into egg mixture, pulse to combine. Add chocolate mixture 1/4 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Batter will be thick.
3. Spoon mixture into the prepared tin, fillin cups 3/4 full; swirl tops with back of a spoon. Bake until tops are springy to the touch, 18-20 minutes. Immediately turn out onto wire racks to cool. Cool upright. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well! I just made these & they tasted terrible!!! OK, I didn't have any semi sweet cocoa, and I had to use wheat flour. PLUS- my oven wasn't working. Can you send me some of yours? Scott Boyce says hi & he would like some too. I can give you his address.